09 March 2012

START WRITING

As long as I can remember I was taught to keep a journal. And I was good at it. I kept a journal all through high school, college, and my working and living single years in New York and San Francisco. I was told to write my inspirations and keep a record for my children and their children and so on.

But being the teenager that I was, I wrote like I talked. It was for me, all of those years. It was where I complained and talked about silly things like boys and rude people. What do I do with those journals now? I mean, do I really want my kids, my husband, my mom, my sisters... do I want them to know what I went through? No, not really. That's just embarrassing. And since I got married, the writing has fizzled to not-so-much.

So starts the blog. I realize I'm late and that the blog bandwagon has gone by long ago. I have a personal blog that I've kept up since 2008. I still post to it and tell my family to go see what's new. But I've always wanted to keep a record of inspiring things that make me smile. Design. Photography. Letterpress. Architecture. Interiors. Signage. Sewing Projects. Things my family and I create. Books... this list could go on and on. Things that I see while working, living and teaching my kids. So here's a re-start to the journal writing. With a creative emphasis.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I remember those journals! Good to see you're putting your love for writing and many design-y talents to good use here! Sure do love you.
    kc

    ReplyDelete