We made hearts out of triangled construction paper pieces, with the points meeting up in the center. The girls loved the colorful result.
Colored Construction Paper
Backing Paper - We used a 13"x19" white sheet
Glue - Rubber Cement works well
1. Cut big triangles from a variety of colored construction paper. We started with 8.5"x11" paper and used the entire sheet, cutting from corner up. It's not precise.
2. Put a blob of rubber cement in the center of the backing paper.
3. Place your first triangle, with the point in the middle.
4. Glue under that triangle to secure it to the backing paper.
5. Repeat the process with triangle papers until it's full all the way around. The backing paper won't be visible.
6. Flip the whole thing over and draw a large heart on the backing paper.
7. Cut out the heart.
8. Glue down any parts that need to be tacked down.