04 February 2014

VALENTINE'S BOOKS FOR KIDS

We frequent Barnes & Noble so we often see a slew of books prior to each holiday. I was looking through some of them and thought, "huh, so many are just so-so". Not worth the space on the bookshelf. But there are others that are sweet stories with equally adorable illustrations. I took note of a few of my favorites.

"The Nice Book" by David Ezra Stein. I love the simple story of sharing love and the words that we like to use with our kids. I love the naive painterly style, but not so much the typography. This will be a good one for my three year old (for length of attention span) and my five year old (for the simple words to sound out).

"Hug Time" by Patrick McDonnell. I'm a fan of all of his books and his cute little characters that often don't use words but actions to get their message across. Hugging is the best gift.

"Plant a Kiss" by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. This book has a fantastic fresh take on giving love. And the pages have a bit of sparkle to them which my girls will love. We also adore the illustrations by Peter H. Reynolds.


No comments:

Post a Comment