10 October 2014

DIY HALLOWEEN GLITTER HOUSE

I made this the same way that I did the Christmas glitter house, with a group of girlie friends, a whole lot of glitter and spray glue. It fits in with my vintage Victorian decorations pretty good. I put it on a silver platter and added a few more trees than you see here.


SUPPLIES
Craft House
Black Glitter
Super 77 Spray Mount Glue
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Black Spray Paint
Dollhouse Accessories - Small Bottle Brush Trees, Mini Pumpkins, Skeleton Bones, Mini Fence,
Moss
Clay
Scrapbooking Papers
Glitter Ribbons
Lace and Ribbons
Wire and Cutters
Scissors
Wax Paper
Cookie Sheet
Battery Powered Lights
Gauze and Elmer's Glue - for mini ghosts
Air Dry Clay and Paints - for RIP Headstone

PROCESS
1. Collect accessories that can go on the house.
- I made a wreath for over the door with a wire loop, lace knotted all around it, and a skeleton charm glued to it.
- I traded some of my accessories for some handmade items: gauze ghost (made with watered glue and gauze) and RIP Headstone (made with air dry clay and grey paint).
2. Spray Paint the house, trees, fence and other accessories black.
3. Spray house with 3M Spray Mount and glitter it (either over wax paper, or a trash can)
4. Embellish House
- Cut Papers for interior and hot glue into place.
- Some of my friends lined the interior of the house with vellum paper over the windows.
- Others lined the windows with fabric lace. I chose to keep mine open.
5. Hot glue moss, fence, and accessories to the "yard".
6. Hot glue ribbon, lace and other embellishments to roofline.

No comments:

Post a Comment