21 November 2014

THANKSGIVING PEG PEOPLE

Thankgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love autumn time for the colors, the cooler temperature, the opportunity to wear layers, boots and cozy scarves. This time is all around lovely to me... And then winter hits and I'm afraid.

But my Thanksgiving decorations are slim. They always have been. So once again, I try to add a little more each year.

Within the last few years I've made an acorn garland and wreath. I've put together a couple pedestals with old plates and brass goblets. I've made gold tipped glittered feathers, and I've found a few flea market items that have all contributed to my decorations for Thanksgiving... Getting there.

This year, I made a feather garland and a teepee with peg people. I need to give props to the original source for these adorable little people. I could never make them as perfectly as they do and if I had the money I'd just buy them. But I also pride myself on making things with my own two hands. So I won't offer a DIY tutorial since these are purchasable. This is just to show how mine turned out.

*I have learned that as I get older, my eyes are getting worse and my hands are more shaky... I have a deep appreciation for people who carry on their skills and talents into their later years. My grandmother was one that comes to mind. She used to paint dishes and I remember when she finally stopped. It was so sad to me, but I now understand why. It's hard to continue with pride when you can see that your skills are slipping. But all that said, she was still one of my best sources of creative inspiration as a kid. Thank you Grandma Wright!! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment