07 May 2013

FAIRY PARTY

My daughter turned five and I'm trying to catch up on all of the to-do's that went into making her FAIRY PARTY happen. I had planned to have it outside and decorate with string lights, puff ball garlands, fairy houses and such. I wanted the craft table to be outside. But it rained the entire day so I had to adjust my thoughts and decorate inside. We had 14 kids and a handful of adults to help out. The craft table was set up in our living room and the kids could craft or play outside once the rain stopped, eat snacks and cupcakes.

THE FOOD
I planned for an afternoon party so our food was snacky, mostly from Trader Joe's. Lots of "twigs" (pretzels) and various berries, nuts and dried fruits. My sister-in-law (she's highly skilled in the kitchen) made the most adorable mini cupcakes that were not only adorable but irresistible. They were small and easy to pop in your mouth, not as messy as full sized cupcakes. It made it all too easy to eat 8+ cupcakes that afternoon. I also put out mini bottled water and Izzi's on ice.











































































THE CRAFTS
The table was set up with paper doll cut outs, glue dots, pens, crayons and embellishments to create their own fairies. The boys didn't go for this at all, since the rain stopped, they were happy to play outside. The girls loved the paper dolls though and took great care with their crafts.

THE DECORATIONS
I made a few garlands to hang from various door ways, and windows. One was a "Stellabration" sign I printed up and strung on some twine and put glitter along the bottom edge. I also had a rag garland (tutorial), and a leaf ribbon and wool felt ball garland (tutorial to come). I blew up several balloons and strung fishing line, hung them upside down, along with the tinkerbell and friends toys that we have. I also strung some daisy strands and a moss covered No. 5 (tutorial). I had two 36" balloons with tassels attached. My fairy house (tutorial) was meant to be outside, but looked so cute inside with some stepping stones and moss all around it. I also had a chalkboard sign saying "Fairies Welcome" hand written by my father-in-law. Everything looks better when he writes it.


































































































THE PARTY FAVORS
Each of the boys and girls got a little burlap bag filled with goodies. The girls got a Tinkerbell rubber stamp and fairy tattoos, a mini bottle of pixie dust, a butterfly ring and a chocolate mushroom. The boys got several chocolate coins. I wanted the bags to hang from the trees outside, but instead I hung from a vase full of branches... still cute.

The boys also got pirate swords and the girls got wings and fairy wands. These were all $2 items from Target's party section. I did add to the wands by adding more ribbon and a little bell so it would "tinker".

No comments:

Post a Comment